Saturday 21 January 2012

Cardboard car seat box now takes the shape of our very own train!

When my daughter was born she had her first car seat as part of her travel system, then came her forward facing car seat and since I wasn't driving at that point my lovely mum bought a car seat to use in her car for whenever we went out. Now I'm on the road it was time for me to buy mine.






When we got it home this morning K had great delight in playing with the box. She went for her nap and I wondered what we could do this afternoon.A great big white cardboard box, now what can we do with that? It's very almost train like in shape, thats what we will do, make a train!
So when Kacie woke up we got down to work. I'm not the best arty farty kind of mum with craft sessions usually involving a piece of paper and some pencils, crayons or paint, this was starting to look like a challenge!

K hasn't concentrated on anything so hard in her life... other than the TV when In The Night Garden is on! We painted some lights and some steam funnel things and the buffer things and ourselves before it was time to wait for it to dry. It only took a couple of hours which was nice, meaning we could fix it all together before bed time!

And here we have it, the finished article. For a person who isnt the creative type, I think I did quite well coming up with this idea, would even go as far as saying I'm proud! We both had lots of fun making this, and playing with it after, it's a shame no one was here to take pictures of me sitting in a nappy box behind the train while K drove us around ;-)


4 comments:

  1. That is ace. She looks like she had loads of fun. I do daft stuff like this all the time. It fills the day doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe this is brilliant! I love it-what an excellent idea! You've made me want to dig out a box and do something creative!! Bet you both had an excellent day-what a brilliant fun way to spend time together too-and as per your last post, zero extra pennies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely, great fun, I can't wait to do some crafts with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, I thought I was crafty but not at all-stilll a paper and crayons mum... Have a cardboard box I drew two circles of top of to make a cooker but this inspires me to make it a mega kitchen! Or a train ;)

    ReplyDelete