Thursday 19 January 2012

The first.

Well, after wanting to create a blog for so long, I've finally done it. About time too. I have no idea what I am going to ramble about, but I'm sure I'll find something. I'm not entirely sure why I picked the blog name I did. Young(ish) Single Mother, hardly creative, but it does describe me well. I suppose I better introduce myself.

I'm Zoe, I'm quite young at a mere 23 years old, and I am indeed a single mother, not by my choice but hey, here I am. I'm not a stereotypical young single mum, I didn't get pregnant by a random nobody so I could live off benefits and get my own council flat. That is my situation at the moment though, I wish it wasn't a lot of the time, I'd love to go out and work, but lack of family willing to babysit and the cost of childcare these days, it's not financially beneficial. I'm not 'into' much at the moment, when Kacie isn't keeping me busy I use my time finding ways to make a little extra cash and vouchers to ease the Christmas and birthdays burden and to treat my little princess, I guess you could call that my hobby, I'm sure I'll go into more details at some point.
My daughter, Kacie, is my world. She is 2 years old and although she is definitely going through the (very) terrible two's stage she never fails to make me laugh. I don't get emotional around her, but if I'm feeling down she soon picks me back up again without realising it. She doesn't see her (umm what do I call him?! hardly a daddy!) biological father (yes, that will do), she has never met him. She has never asked about him, but since watching Peppa Pig way too often, I think the whole Daddy Pig is starting to get her mind whizzing. I still haven't figured out what to say when the subject does arise as she is far too young for the truth. But anyway, she isn't missing out on anything, I'm more than enough for her :-)

So yes, that is us, and the first post in my shiny new blog that I've wanted to start since forever. I browny promise to keep it updated ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging. I hope you are a lot better than me at keeping your blog up to date. I am surprised my followers are still there when I go back.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your blog up and running, your tale is a bit like mine when I had my youngest, my other two had already left home so it was just me and my daughter for a few years. I also worried about what to tell her when she started asking about her Biological Father, but I decided I would always tell her the truth right from a young age and I am glad I did. She has never met him (she is 16 and a half now) and I hope she never does as he is a bad sort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took my advice and started a blog! YAY! (it's Joshuas-mummy from dooyoo here! aka chloe!) well I for one am very excited that we are both starting blogging at the same time! We can be blog friends! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zoe!

    I just wanted to say well done, I too have just started blogging and its scary isn't it??!! Yoou are off to a great start, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to read your blog- keep it going even if you have big gaps in-between posts or tough times you don't want to write about, try and go back to it! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete